Over the past three years I’ve had to cycle through many of the same foods and try to find new ways to eat them. Mixing things up fixes the issue of having too much of the same things. My hubby is the reverse. If he could eat the same thing every day with some differing flavors, he would. I love finding new gluten-free recipes for the foods I can eat, using items I wouldn’t normally think to put together.
Gluten-free cooking isn’t usually a fast process so finding quick, easy gluten-free recipes are key. For this recipe, I was inspired by a dish brought to my bridal shower. A friend of the family brought Hot Dog Salad to the party and I loved the flavor of the hot dogs mixed in with salad. This is my version, based on what I had in my fridge at the time.
Gluten-Free Recipe – Hot Dog Summer Salad
Clean and dry all fruits and veggies. Tear lettuce to bite sized pieces and slice strawberries. Cut hot dogs into bite-size pieces. If children will be eating this, make sure the hot dogs are sliced down the center and cut about 1/4 inch thick. It should be very small pieces for small children, that won’t make them choke. I choked on a hot dog once and didn’t eat another one for 3 years! Toss all solid ingredients together except for croutons, and anything else you’d like to add such as cucumbers, green peppers, nuts, or whatever you have on hand that might taste good on a salad. Then drizzle with olive oil and squeeze the lemon slice over the salad. Add croutons last.
Viola! An easy Gluten-Free Hot Dog Salad recipe. Grab a bag of chips and a glass of lemonade and you’ve got a gluten-free lunch, or make one big enough to take to a party. Hope you enjoy!
Ocean Spray Craisins Cranberry, 64 Ounce
- Made with real fruit!. A good source of fiber
New York Brand® Texas Toast Croutons | Gluten Free Croutons Seasoned Herb 4 Oz[4 PACK]
- New York Brand® Texas Toast croutons are hearth baked, and our baking process makes them crispier yet tender. With larger pieces and more robust flavors, they are great on any salad or as a tasty afternoon snack. - See more at: http://www.newyorkbrand.com/croutons/product/551/seasoned-herb-croutons#sthash.uO7ZEn7A.dpuf
California Olive Ranch Everyday Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 33.81 Ounce
- Award winning olive oil brand
- Tinted glass bottle protects oil
- 100 percent grown and made in California